Wedding Planning Information
Let the Sonnenalp treat your wedding guests to the very best of the Vail Valley with gemütlichkeit – the warmest European hospitality. When you step inside our home, you and everyone with you will begin a very special experience in the Colorado Rocky Mountains. Located right across from the Vail Interfaith Chapel, the Sonnenalp is the perfect wedding venue.
Role of Event Sales Manager
• Primary hotel contact throughout the wedding planning process.
• Assist with vendor referrals including; wedding planning, transportation, music, floral arrangements, photography, ceremony officiant, decorations and activities.
• Act as menu advisor for all food and beverage selections.
• Create a detailed Banquet Event Order that specifies timing, menu selections, set-up preferences, and special instructions for the Banquet Team.
• Outline deposit schedule and generate a final bill for review the day after the event.
• Construct a floor plan.
• Oversee the ceremony and reception room(s) set-up, food preparation and other Hotel operations.
• Ensure a smooth transition to the Banquet Manager.
Role of Wedding Planner
• Set up and monitor a wedding budget.
• Assist in selecting invites, addressing, collecting RSVP’s.
• Counseling in wedding trends and design to bring your vision to life.
• Create and deliver welcome gifts to hotel.
• Create a detailed wedding weekend timeline including planned activities day prior, rehearsal walk through, rehearsal dinner specifics, and of course the wedding day; getting ready, ceremony and wedding reception.
• Read over all vendor contracts. Confirm details and arrival times with all vendors in advance.
• Serve as the spokesperson so you don’t have to make those last minute decisions. Is the liaison with your family, bridal party and all vendors.
• Assist the bride and bridal party while getting ready.
• Coordinate and set-up the ceremony and wedding reception.
• Collect personal items wedding gifts at the end of the event. Deliver items to specified location.
• Return rentals and borrowed items.
The Sonnenalp offers two settings for your wedding—our creek-side lawn and Ludwig’s Terrace. The lawn can hold a ceremony of up to 150 guests, and maximum seating occupancy for a ceremony on the Terrace is 150. The ceremony price is $2000 – this includes the use of our folding, padded white ceremony chairs. We are also conveniently located directly across the street from the Vail Chapel. The Chapel is non-denominational.
Food and Beverage
The Sonnenalp does not permit food and beverage of any kind to be brought into the hotel by the customer or any of the customer’s guests. All food, beverage, and other merchandise must be purchased solely through the hotel. The Colorado State Division of Alcoholic Beverages and Tobacco regulates the sale of alcoholic beverages. The Sonnenalp is responsible for the administration of those regulations. Colorado law prohibits alcoholic beverages to be brought in or taken out of the hotel. Food and beverage minimum requirements vary based on guest count, preferred venue and date.
We provide complimentary overnight accommodation for the bride and groom, based on availability.
For your wedding guests, we can set up a discounted room rate, based on availability. This special rate is available to your guests when they call our Sales Department and set up group rates. Since this rate is offered on a space available basis, we encourage your guests to reserve their rooms as early as possible.
For more information and to check availability please reach out to Amy.
Amy Lilyquist | email@example.com
Director of Catering and Conference Services
The wedding reception site fee is dependent on your date. This site fee includes the use of the Sonnenalp ivory linens and ivory napkins, 5 votive candles per table, banquet chairs, tables, bone white china, glassware, flatware, 2 private bars, furniture removal, set-up, clean-up, bartenders and wait staff.
In order to eliminate extra stress on your wedding day, we recommend that you set your arrival date to be the night before the wedding and your departure date the day after the wedding. This way, you will not have to worry about early check-in and late check out.
We require an initial nonrefundable deposit of 50% of the Food and Beverage minimum to secure the event space. Your Event Sales Manager then designates a deposit schedule based on the time period between signing the contract and the event date.
Tax and Gratuity
At this time the current sales tax is 8.4%. Sonnenalp Properties, Inc. offers you the option to choose your desired food and beverage service charge. The default service charge is 23%.