Let the Sonnenalp treat your wedding guests to the very best of the Vail Valley with gemütlichkeit – the warmest European hospitality. When you step inside our home, you and everyone with you will begin a very special experience in the Colorado Rocky Mountains. Located right across from the Vail Interfaith Chapel, the Sonnenalp is the perfect wedding venue.
Role of Event Sales Manager
• Primary hotel contact throughout the wedding planning process.
• Assist with vendor referrals including; wedding planning, transportation, music, floral arrangements, photography, ceremony officiant, decorations and activities.
• Act as menu advisor for all food and beverage selections.
• Create a detailed Banquet Event Order that specifies timing, menu selections, set-up preferences, and special instructions for the Banquet Team.
• Outline deposit schedule and generate a final bill for review the day after the event.
• Construct a floor plan.
• Oversee the ceremony and reception room(s) set-up, food preparation and other Hotel operations.
• Ensure a smooth transition to the Banquet Manager.
Role of Wedding Planner
• Set up and monitor a wedding budget.
• Assist in selecting invites, addressing, collecting RSVP’s.
• Counseling in wedding trends and design to bring your vision to life.
• Create and deliver welcome gifts to hotel.
• Create a detailed wedding weekend timeline including planned activities day prior, rehearsal walk through, rehearsal dinner specifics, and of course the wedding day; getting ready, ceremony and wedding reception.
• Read over all vendor contracts. Confirm details and arrival times with all vendors in advance.
• Serve as the spokesperson so you don’t have to make those last minute decisions. Is the liaison with your family, bridal party and all vendors.
• Assist the bride and bridal party while getting ready.
• Coordinate and set-up the ceremony and wedding reception.
• Collect personal items wedding gifts at the end of the event. Deliver items to specified location.
• Return rentals and borrowed items.