Yes! One of our most popular wedding spaces is the Terrace – an enclosed glass room with
gorgeous views, a retractable roof, and retractable walls – providing the ultimate
Ludwing’s Restaurant & Terrace is the perfect venue for weddings of up to 100 guests.
Grand Bavaria includes traditional décor and intimate ceilings and boasts its own patio
adjacent to Gore Creek. Grand Bavaria can accommodate groups up to 160 guests
We are in the heart of Vail Village and are within walking distance to all the downtown Vail
Weddings at Sonnenalp Hotel require a Site Fee as well as an F&B minimum.
The Site Fee is based on the wedding date and includes:
- Ceremony Venue, Cocktail Reception Venue, and Wedding Reception Venue
- Banquet tables; rectangle tables, 72” diameter round tables
- Ivory table linen and ivory napkins
- Choice of 160 fruitwood chivari chairs with ivory pad, ivory chair covers or gold
- (4) Wood Farm Tables
- Tableware: Villeroy and Bach white bone china, flatware, and glassware
- 12x16 stage use, setup, and breakdown
- Furniture removal and re-set: floor plan set-up and breakdown
- Private bar set up of two bars; any additional bars will require $150 set fee
- Directional, personalized signage
- Basic menu printing
- Creative food labels
- (5) clear votive candles per tables
- (2) Complimentary room nights for wedding weekend in a Sonnenalp Junior Suite
Sonnenalp Hotel is across the street from the Vail Interfaith Chapel.
Yes! Sonnenalp offers our romantic Lawn as a ceremony location, with Ludwig’s Terrace as the
weather back-up. Ceremonies at the Sonnenalp are included in the Site Fee (varies by date), plus
8.4% tax. Ceremonies at the Sonnenalp include:
- Set up and removal of our white-padded garden chairs (maximum 150)
- Printing Reserved Seating signs
- Ceremony rehearsal (location may vary for the walk through depending on availability)
- Electrical access
- Shaded area with umbrella and chairs for musician
- Sonnenalp Lawn Ceremonies require a rain call 3 hours prior to the event.
- When booking Sonnenalp for your ceremony, you are booking the Sonnenalp Lawn and
West Pool Deck only. The Sonnenalp Pool does not close during outdoor events
Ludwig’s Restaurant and Terrace is 10pm. This is based on the Town of Vail requirements, as the
venue is not soundproof, and we are residentially located. Grand Bavaria is 12am midnight.
We invite guests to stay at the Sonnenalp Hotel, based on availability; however, we do not offer
wedding room blocks or wedding group rates. As we are centrally located in the heart of Vail, we
find that our couples appreciate that their guests may choose their own accommodations and not
having the hassle of room block management.
Yes. Sonnenalp Hotel requires a planner for all weddings, whether it be a full-service planner or
simply a day-of coordinator. We are happy to recommend Colorado wedding planners; we have a
list of planners who continually wow and impress us. We can also provide an in-house
Sonnenalp planner services for a fee.
Sonnenalp Hotel Planner Services includes the following:
- Formulation of wedding-day timeline
- Coordination of all wedding vendors: Day of arrival and set-up as well as reaching out 1
week prior to explain unloading and strike. Conducting the wedding rehearsal walkthrough the day before the wedding if the
ceremony is to be held at the Sonnenalp Hotel. No off-site rehearsals are included with
- Management of on-site ceremony set-up.
- Creation of floor plans conducive to the venue space and guest count.
- Coordination of all activities:
- Guiding the bridal party through processional and recessional.
- Checking details client and Event Sales Manager have reviewed and finalized
together at least 2 weeks prior to the event date (final head count for caterer,
number of place settings, placement of favors, menus, escort and place cards, and
napkin folds, set-up entry table, guest book, gift table).
- Checking venue space, lighting levels, cake placement day of.
- Cueing all wedding vendors. Coordinate entertainment and all
announcements/events during ceremony and reception.
- Creating, printing, and placing Sonnenalp menus, if applicable.
Guest Count Coordination Fee
100 or less $2000
101 to 120 $2500
121 to 150 $3000
151 to 180 $3500